Fire

Fire History

Prior to 1954 fire protection for the area was provided by the Loveland Community Fire Department. In 1954 it was decided by residents who lived in the village to form a fire department for the area of Hamilton Township and the Maineville Community Volunteer Fire Company was organized. The fire company served the residents until 1994.

In July of 1994 Hamilton Township Division of Fire and Emergency Services was formed. Robert Kissick served as interim Chief until the hiring of our first Fire Chief Goebel E. Williams Jr. During Chief Williams tenure the department expanded to a second station and many strides were made in reducing our fire protection rating. Along with that the department grew with the addition of paid fulltime and part time personnel.
In 2005 the department switched from an intermediate E.M.S. service to a progressive Paramedic service. Chief Williams retired in 2008 and left a legacy of progress for the department that will continue into the future.

Today Hamilton Township Fire Rescue employs 16 full time and 19 part time personnel.