The Township has developed the Financial Transparency Portal to give you, the Hamilton Township stakeholder, a transparent view of how your funds are invested in the delivery of outstanding services that distinguish us as a Signature Township of the region.
The Transparency Portal is designed to bring visibility, openness, and accountability to our operations:
• The portal allows you to explore budget and historical finances in a simple graphical user interface. The main view includes a chart or graph, a legend and various controls to view expenses by departments out of various funds.
• You’ll notice the title of the chart or graph you are viewing on top along with the account type selector. You can use the filter to see the data that is of most interest to you.
• To focus on specific data – like a fund, department, expense type, or any combination – look to the left and use the menu on the side panel. These selectors allow you to specify exactly what breakdown you want the graph or table to represent. When you select “Filtered By” the data filter pops up and allows you to turn-on or turn-off selected filters for that category – funds, departments, expense type.
• Keep in mind that some departments or expenses only receive funds from specific funds – if the department or expense is not funded from a particular fund, it will be grayed out.
• There are five different types of visual representations of the data – an area graph, an area graph by percentage, a line graph, a pie chart, and a table. You can change your view at any time by simply selecting the different type of representation. The data will automatically convert. These functions are on the top right.
• You can also download the data into a .csv spreadsheet or a .png image.
• You can share the data, in any view, on a social network or by email.
• Hamilton Township’s main fund is the General Fund which includes all Township’s departments (e.g. Public Safety, Recreation and Parks, Public Works, Community Development, etc.). In accordance with law, other functions of Township government will be reported in separate funds (e.g. Emergency-911 Fund, Sanitation Fund, etc.).
• Some expenditures or revenues do not track year to year. For example, there may be expenditure for a specific item or project in Fiscal Year 2014 that the Township no longer uses. These expenditure categories will only be visible for the years they were used. After that, they will be zeroed out.